What is Anti-SLAPP? Anti-SLAPP laws were created to stop or dismiss SLAPP lawsuits and allow the defendant the possibility of getting their legal fees reimbursed. Anti-SLAPP laws even offer possible punitive damages for the party that filed the lawsuit. Oftentimes, people use Anti-SLAPP statutes to get frivolous defamation lawsuits dismissed. What are SLAPP lawsuits? SLAPP stands for “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation”. The...
In 2014, FilmOn, an internet-based television provider, sued DoubleVerify for libel, alleging that DoubleVerify wrongly classified FilmOn as a copyright infringer and adult content distributor, according to Media Post. DoubleVerify is a company that provides online media verification to advertisers, so when they published the claims...
- Influencers, NFTs and BitClout : Legal Insight From An Internet Lawyer
- Anti-SLAPP Laws (Statutes) Explained By A Defamation Lawyer – Anti-SLAPP Laws Can Help Get A Defamation Lawsuit Against You Dismissed
- A Defamation Lawyer For Lawyers
- Top Five Things Every E-Commerce Entrepreneur Needs To Know
- Timeline of Britney Spears’ Conservatorship Battle