Online promotions of products and services must adhere to a litany of advertising related laws, including the Federal Trade Commission’s rules, Food and Drug Administration rules, and state laws. RM Warner represents advertisers, influencers with millions of followers, content creators, and media companies, assisting them with protecting their brands, content, products, and services, and helping them stay compliant. Failure to comply can result in fines and serious consequences. RM Warner helps clients comply with FTC rules and navigate FTC investigations for unfair and deceptive marketing issues.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
MORE ABOUT ADVERTISING LAW
Advertising and Marketing Law and Compliance
Online promotions of products and services must adhere to the FTC rules and regulations. Failure to comply can result in fines and even professional sanctions. Our firm helps clients comply with FTC rules and navigate FTC investigations for unfair and deceptive marketing.
Benefits of Proactive Compliance
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Our attorneys can help bulletproof your online marketing campaign by:
- Ensuring that your advertisements, social media campaigns, and websites meet FTC standards.
- Validating promotional language and marketing copy.
- Monitoring your affiliate marketing partners (the FTC holds operators responsible for the machinations of affiliates).
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is responsible for eliminating “unfair and deceptive” marketing from U.S. marketplaces.
If you or your business is being investigated by the FTC:
- Stay calm. FTC investigations are routine and are not punishments in themselves.
- Seek the advice of a lawyer. Anything you communicate to the FTC could be used against you in the future.
- Record and backup your files. Having verifiable copies of all the evidence is of the utmost importance.
THE LATEST BLOG
Before the Internet came into full swing, parents were mostly concerned with what channels their kids were watching on T.V., what books they were reading and what the ratings were on the games they were playing. Now, thanks to the Internet, parents have an entire...