Advertising and Marketing Law and Compliance
Online promotions of products and services must adhere to the FTC rules and regulations. Failure to comply can result in fines and even professional sanctions.
Our firm helps clients comply with FTC rules and navigate FTC investigations for unfair and deceptive marketing.
Benefits of Proactive Compliance
Investing in an online marketing compliance review before launching a new promotional campaign can save your company time and money by avoiding FTC investigations and fines.
Our attorneys can help bulletproof your online marketing campaign by:
- Ensuring that your advertisements, social media campaigns, and websites meet FTC standards.
- Validating promotional language and marketing copy.
- Monitoring your affiliate marketing partners (the FTC holds operators responsible for the machinations of affiliates).
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is responsible for eliminating "unfair and deceptive" marketing from U.S. marketplaces.
If you or your business is being investigated by the FTC:
- Stay calm. FTC investigations are routine and are not punishments in themselves.
- Seek the advice of a lawyer. Anything you communicate to the FTC could be used against you in the future.
- Record and backup your files. Having verifiable copies of all the evidence is of the utmost importance.
Preventative Compliance is a Prudent Investment
RM Warner helps internet marketers stay ahead of the FTC. Through our experience managing hundreds of advertising and marketing matters, we know how to navigate all its requirements. Contact us today to get started.